2008年11月20日木曜日

◎Iran culture ◎


Now, you know that I studied abroad to Manly,right?? I made a friend who came from Iran. She is one of my classmates.
What do you think about Iran? I associated Iran with a civil war.I don't have much good idea about Iran.However she told me that there was no war in Iran, and Iran is safe now.
I didn't know about that before she told me.
Do you know Iran??
Most of the Iranian are Islam. They have a lot of the religious customs.
For example,they don't have to eat the pork,and women don't show their skin to other people.
Iran is quite different from Japan.
One day, we had the class about the comparative. And then, we joined our hands to practice making the comparative "whose hands are bigger."
Suddenly she, Iranian, said that she couldn't touch boy's hand because she had a husband.
In Iran, the woman who has a husband don't touch other mans.I was surprised!
We don't have the custom like that,so it is difficult for me to understand.
There are a sort of religious customs in the world, so that we should know the manner before you go abroad.Otherwise you might be rude.

1 件のコメント:

Kumiecco さんのコメント...

I too have a very close friend who is from Iran. I tried to learn the language - particularly the scripts are so beautiful. I find Iranian people so generous, respectful and also very refined.Many of my friends know a lot about poems, literature and music. Like Japan, Iranian culture is so profound and beautiful. At the same tinme, Muslin cultures are so misunderstood today because of the perception largely created by media. We really need to increase our media literacy.